Summary: There are two ways to make you play 1080p x265 mp4 videos on Android. One is to install H.265 player on Android devices while another is to transcode H.265 to H.264 codec video for Android phone.
Why the screens of phone especially some Android smartphones are getting more and more bigger. It perhaps because more and more people tend to view movies/TV Shows on their Android phones. But sometimes, you maybe meet some video playback on Android, such as H.265 can't playback on Android issue as below:
"I just downloaded season 1 of the flash from a torrent. It has the following file name: "the flash season 1 1080p bluray x265 thlullaby". When I tried to play the episodes on my android, it doesn't play smoothly. How do I play it on my android?"
The reason that his 1080p bluray x265 video can't be played on his Android phone results in wrong video codec. Nowadays, no Android phones can decode H.265 video with internal media player. You can solve the issue by installing a third party media player supporting H.265 codec on Android phone.
mPlayer - H265, HEVC Player for Android
You can download and install mPlayer on your Samsung, LG, Huawei, Google, HTC, Lenovo, etc Android phones to play your 1080p bluray x265 MP4 video. mPlayer will play most media format with advanced hardware acceleration engine
- Fully hardware accelerated H264, H265, HEVC player.
- Supported media format: MKV, TS, MPG, MP4, MOV....
- Supported video codec: H264, H265, MP4, VP8, VP9....
- Supported audio codec: AAC, MP3, OGG,.....
- Supported streaming protocols: HTTP, HLS, RTSP, RTMP, RTMPS, RTMPE, DASH, RTP....
- Passthrough bitstream multichannel digital audio to AV Receiver.
Transcode H.265 to H.264 for Android phone playing
You also can re-encode H.265 video to H.264 or MPEG video for your Android phones or tablet for viewing with some video transcoders. With decoding H.265 video to Android supported video on PC, you can play H.265/HEVC video on Android by transfrering without any hassle.
Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate can help you finish the H.265 to H.264 transcoding easily. Although you have no any video transcoding experience before, you also can complish the process with 3 clicks.
1. Decode H.265 video to Android supported H.264, MPEG, XviD codec video.
2. Reduce 2160p/1080p video size to 1080p/720p by lowering video size/bitrate.
3. Support Windows 10 system so you can deal with H.265 video on your Windows without H.265 Converter breakdown issue.
Free download and install
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
How to Convert 1080p H.265 MP4 video to Android Phone?
Step 1. Add 1080p H.265 MP4 videos
Download and install the H.265 to Android program and select Add button to import H.265 files to the software. This app supports batch conversion so you can import several files at a time.
Step 2. Choose right format for Android.
Here, you are suggested to select the “HD Video”>>”H.264 HD Video(*.mp4)” as the output format for the higher resolution and wider compatibility. Surely you can choose other suitable format as you like.
Tip: Even though common Android phones can be inserted into a extra MicroSD Card, these phones still can’t be put into many HD movies. So you maybe need to reduce the video size for storing more H.265 movies on Android phones.
Go to “Settings” on the main interface and lower the bitrate. Comparing with “Size” spec, bitrate is the main reason to affect the video size. You can preview the size at the below chart.
Notice: Bitrate also influences video quality. So don’t ignore video quality while pursuing the smaller size.
Step 3: Start to convert H.265 to Android phone
Simply hit big red “Convert” to begin to transcode 1080p H.265 MP4 to H.264 MP4 for Android phones. After the process, you can locate the generated video in output folder.
Put the converted 1080p H.265 MP4 video to Android devices, then you can enjoy them on the go.
- Import DVD into Plex Media Server
- Rip Blu-ray to MKV with Chinese Subtitle and extract Chinese subtitle
- 2 Ways to Play MOV videos on Android Tablet/Phone
- Convert TiVo Files for Playback on Android Tablet
- How to transcode Samsung NX1 H.265 to QuickTime MOV on Mac Yosemite?
- Convert H.265 Files to Apple Prores 4444