Summary: Are you hesitating whether to copy DVD? If you are waiting for a reason to copy your DVDs? Here are top 5 reasons to copy DVDs for you.
Many people worry that DVD gets sratched in the copy process so that they are hesitating whether to copy it. However, if you don't rip DVD, you can't put your DVD collection to NAS to rich your home theater media library and you can't transfer DVD movies to Samsung Galaxy Note 7, iPhone 7 to playback on the road, neither. Thus, a DVD has a life span between 20 and 100 years, and that's another one good reason to store copies of your important DVDs.
In short, there are many reasons to copying DVDs. Here we list you top 5 reasons to copy DVDs below.
Top 5 Reasons to Copy DVDs
Protect physical DVD discs
If you copy DVDs using one of the many DVD copy software applications, storing archived backups of that precious content is a good idea. Once duplicated, you can place the discs in a safety
deposit box. Although this may not be the most popular reason to use DVD copying software, it is a compelling one. DVDs can
outlast their owners, but the physical material will still deteriorate over a period of many years, even if it's stowed safely away. When you do copy DVDs to backup your content, dry and cool
storage conditions will lessen the likelihood of deterioration.
Another enduringly popular reason to copy DVDs is to back up the treasured movies you own in case the neighbor's dog mistakes the original DVD for a Frisbee when you prepare to insert it into a laptop to view it on the backyard patio. Still another reason to copy DVDs is the wonderful portability DVDs offer. Copying a movie onto a DVD allows you the freedom to view it on your laptop, at a friend s house or anywhere else you can use a DVD player. If you are a frequent traveler, winding down in a hotel room after a business meeting is the perfect time to watch a much-loved movie classic for the umpteenth time on a portable DVD player.
More Playing Options
A third reason to copy DVDs is that it allows you to extract content such as screenshots to use in your creative projects. The Fair Use provision in copyright laws allows limited use of others' work created for the purpose of commentary. This brings up an important point: the issue of copyright infringement. Taking a snippet of video and combining that with other artistic expression and original content within a newly produced video is part of the richness of a community s artistic expression. Movie-studio executives, however, sometimes view Fair Use differently.
Circumvent DVD Encryption
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act passed in 1996 may have brought the U.S. into compliance with international treaties, but it also created an ongoing controversy regarding DVD copy software. The law brought the right of property holders to protect their private property into conflict with the right to exercise free expression in public commentary. So, a fifth compelling reason to copy DVDs is to exercise that right because we can lose rights we do not exercise.
When many people copy DVDs that contain premium content, it leads to an escalation between encryption techniques and CSS decryption solutions that unlock encrypted premium content. The issue continues to impact the industry and will likely be the subject of public debate for some time to come.
One reason for the ongoing controversy surrounding DVD encryption is that the owners of the rights to premium content and DVD ripper software manufacturers continue to engage in a DVD encryption arms race. Content owners devise new encryption techniques and software programmers respond by devising new decryption solutions. These solutions will continue to emerge in response to better encryption techniques as more people continue to copy DVDs.
Keep forever safe
Some things are priceless: Photos of a smiling college graduate or a homemade video of a tiny kitten, an enormous dog and a parrot with an attitude that collects a million hits on YouTube. Some things stored as digital data that would never go viral may actually be much more valuable than many people realize. Digital copies of important documents such as financial records and family milestones are not typically considered premium content in the same way that blockbuster movies are. Yet, if those digital family heirlooms are damaged in a fire or flood, the loss may be irreplaceable.
The World No.1 DVD Copy Software Recommended for DVD Copy
There are far too many DVD ripper programs out there, and every vendor praises their own product. If you decide to turn your physical DVD movies to digital form but don’t know which ripper is better to take, as a veteran in DVD digitization, here, Pavtube BDMagic/Pavtube BDMagic for Mac is highly recommend as the great DVD ripping tools I ever used. It can circumvent copy protection mechanisms, such as the encryption used on most commercial DVDs and shift format. Learn the key features of the best DVD copy and ripping software. Read the review.
- Break various DVD encryption including Region, RCE, CSS, CPRM, UOP, AACS, etc.
- 1:1 backup DVD in original video structure and video quality.
- Directly copy DVD main title to VOB file.
- Convert DVD disc, DVD ISO/IFO, DVD Folder to h.265, m3u8, mp4, mov, m4v, avi, mkv, flv, etc.
- This Blu-ray Ripper could rip Blu-rays and DVDs to popular audio and video formats for you to enjoy the movie on PC and wide screen TV. Support output to PS4, Apple TV, WD TV player, Xbox, iPad Pro, iPhone, iPod, Galaxy Tab, Nexus, etc.
- Trim and crop DVD videos so that you can upload the clips to YouTube, Vimeo and other sharing sites.
- Split a whole DVD video to several segments and merge selected movie titles into one file.
- Select desired subtitles stream and audio track or copy and rip DVD with forced subtitle.
- Add text watermark to selected DVD video clip. You can either set parameters or drag the text on preview screen to set its location.
- The additional Full Disk Copy facility enables you to backup the whole contents from Blu-ray disc and DVD with original HD quality and directly copy format allows saving 100% intact M2TS/VOB main movie from Blu-ray/DVD Disc.
- The app supports CUDA acceleration in the availability of NVIDIA CUDA graphics card and adopts a redesigned GUI (Graphical User Interface), which is more user-friendly and in-style.
- More than 200 formats listed to ensure you can get the desired video and audio types, like m3u8, Prores, H.265 MKV, AVI, MP4, WMV, FLV, MPEG, MOV, RMVB, FLAC, AAC, AC3, AIFF, AMR, M4A, etc.
- Rip latest 2D/3D Blu-ray and DVD to 3D videos with ultrafast speed for true theater entertainment at home.
- You can adjust profile parameters, rename and save it for easy access to next conversion.
- Support latest Blu-ray/DVD discs and Supported Decrypt Blu-ray MKB61.
- Add SRT/ASS/SSA subtitles to your original DVD videos
- Adjust video/audio resolution, bitrate, frame rate, sample rate, codec, channel before copy and rip DVD.
Free Download this Top DVD Copier and Ripper:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-ripper/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-BDMagic/3000-7970_4-75922877.html
Besides, if you want to lossless backup your Blu-ray/DVD video files with all multiple audio and subtitle tracks, try Pavtube ByteCopy. (Learn Reason to choose it).
How to Copy DVD with Pavtube BDMagic?
Step 1: Load DVD movies.Run the DVD Ripping program and click “DVD disc” icon to load DVD movies for converting. You can also import movies files from DVD VIDEO_TS folder or ISO image files.
Step 2: Choose Output format.
The general format is “Common Video >H.264 Video(*.mp4)” it’s the most widely used format which will be supported by your all HDTV, HD Media Players, Tablet, Smartphone and iOS devices.
Step 3: Adjust video specs or change aspect ratio (Optional)
If you have special requirements on target video, click “Settings” to customize video size, bitrate, frame rate and sample rate.
Step 4: Convert DVD to MP4
Click the “Convert” button to start converting DVD to MP4 format. With the technology of CUDA acceleration it will provide you fast conversion speed. Once completed, go to “Open” the generated MP4 files for playback on your all portable devices.
Now, you can get all the DVD movies reviews and after DVD ripping, Then enjoy the converted DVD as H.265, M3u8, MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, etc files for enjoying on mobiles anytime anywhere.Have a good time!
- Convert M2TS to MKV in lossless quality on Linux/Windows/Mac
- Copy and Put DVD to MacBook Pro for Traveling Watching
- Copy and Stream TV Series DVD to Plex from Mac OS X El Capitan
- Rip and Copy 2016 Oscars DVD Movies to WD My Passport Ultra
- How to Rip DVD with 99 Titles Strict Copy Protections on Windows and Mac?