Summary: This article shows you the easiest way to copy DVD on Mac OS X 10.12 macOS Sierra so that you can keep DVD backups on Mac hard drive. You also can convert DVD to digital files like MOV then you can play DVD movies with QuickTime on Mac OS X macOS Sierra.
If you have any movies or TV shows on DVD that you would like to be able to watch on your Mac without the disc, it is possible to rip the video to a file that you can watch on your Mac later. This is very similar to ripping CDs that you own to MP3 files on your Mac. In this walkthrough I’m going to tell you how to copy DVD on macOS Sierra you own into a *.mov file using the best DVD Ripper for macOS Sierra.
Best DVD Copier on macOS Sierra– Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac
- 1:1 backup DVD to Video-TS folder on macOS Sierra.
- Directly copy DVD to VOB files on Mac including macOS Sierra.
- Remove DVD CSS, Region Code, RCE, Sony ArccOS, UOPs, Disney x-project DRM, etc.
- Rip purchased DVD and online DVD rentals to MP4, MOV, M4V, WMV, 3GP.
- Decrypt DVD to lossless MKV with lossless quality.
- Rip DVD to multi-track MP4/MOV with multiple subtitle/audio.
- Batch conversion and video editing function.
Download and install this DVD copier/ripper on macOS Sierra and let's start to copy DVD on Mac. You should know >> DVD Ripper vs DVD Copier
Step one: Insert a DVD and pick what to rip
Now insert your DVD into your Mac’s DVD drive and launch ByteCopy for Mac. By default, the app opens a dialog box and ask you to select the DVD mounted on your Mac. Choose your DVD and click Open, and ByteCopy then scans the DVD for the titles it contains. Once the scan is complete, ByteCopy chooses what it thinks is the main title, but you can click the pop-up menu next to Title and choose the item you want to encode. Generally speaking, the title with the longest duration is the DVD’s main feature.
Want to make sure you’ve chosen the right title before you start encoding? Pick the one you think you want, then click the Preview Window button to see the video length.
Subtitles If your movie is in a foreign language, or you have a hearing impairment and need to read the closed captions when you watch, ByteCopy’s Subtitles tab is the place to look. There you can find whatever subtitle or captioning data comes on your DVD and decide which to include in your ripped file. Typically, subtitles must be burned into your file, meaning you can’t turn them on or off, whereas closed captioning data is added as a separate text track that you can choose while watching in QuickTime, for example. You can also add an external .srt text file for the movie if you have it (one you downloaded, say).
Step two: Choose an output format or DVD copy mode
You can click "Format" to choose "QuickTime MOV" format to generate for QuickTime streaming on Mac. You also can entire copy DVD with the "entire copy disc" button at the top of the interface to fully copy DVD to a folder with all the info. To save space on your Mac drive, you also can click "Format" > "Copy" to select "Directly Copy" to rip the main title off DVD discs to hard drive. You also can focus on the Devices section. There you’ll find options for iPod, iPhone, iPad, AppleTV, Android, and Android Tablet. If you want to watch your movie on an iPhone, for example, choose iPhone for the best-quality settings that will work on that device.
When you choose to convert DVD to MOV/MP4 on Mac, you can hit on "Settings" to adjust video resolution, bitrate, frame rate, codec and audio channel, bitrate, etc.
Step Three: Start to copy DVD on macOS Sierra
Go back to the UI, tit the big red “Convert” to start converting workout DVD with best video settings on macOS Sierra. After the conversion, click “Open output folder” in the conversion window to locate the DVD videos.
They Also Downloading Video Converter for macOS Sierra
Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac is the best video converter on macOS Sierra with all the functions of a Blu-ray Ripper + DVD Ripper + Video Converter + Audio Converter.
- Rip Blu-ray and DVD to iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, iTunes on macOS Sierra.
- Transcode MKV, MP4, FLV, AVI, H.265, MOV, WMV, VOB, ISO, etc to another format.
- Compress 4K to 1080p and convert 1080p to 720p on Mac.
- Create 3D SBS video out of 2D/3D source for Gear VR, ZEISS VR One, etc.
- Add subtitle to video, add watermarker, replace/remove audio from video, adjust aspect ratio, etc.
- Trim video footage, crop video black area, split video to several parts, merge fragment to a whole video.
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.12 macOS Sierra, OS X 10.11 El Capitan, OS X Yosemite, etc.