Summary: Did you have some iTunes content can want to play on Plex but failed? If so, read on the guide to learn the way to play iTunes movies on Plex.
iTunes store is an important channel for people to get the latest and hot movies to enjoy. Sometimes, you get movies on iTunes store but you can’t play the iTunes content on your platform like
”I'm new to plex, and I already have movies I bought on iTunes, is there a way I can watch them with plex?” - from reddit.com
”Running Plex Server Version 2.4.18 on Windows 10. Latest generation Core i5 processor, 16GB RAM.
Trying to play movies on Amazon Fire Stick, and on the server itself through the Plex interface fails when I am trying to play iTunes movies purchased through Apple. Movies from DVD's I've ripped into iTunes will play just fine, but anything that comes from the store displays a "There was a problem playing this item" message. When I check the logs, I get a bunch of this:
Oct 01, 2015 06:59:30:764  DEBUG - MDE: Peter Pan (1953): media must be transcoded in order to use the hls protocol
Oct 01, 2015 06:59:30:764  DEBUG - MDE: Peter Pan (1953): no direct play video profile exists for mp4/drmi
Oct 01, 2015 06:59:30:764  DEBUG - MDE: Peter Pan (1953): no direct play video profile exists for mp4/drmi/aac
What gives? I haven't found any answers online. Am I alone with this problem? What can I try?” - from forums.plex.tv
Why don't videos from iTunes play on Plex?
Videos purchased from iTunes (and most other similar online stores such as Amazon) have Digital Rights Management (DRM) to implement restrictions on usage. Unfortunately, that means that third-party applications such as Plex are not legally allowed to play that content. This is a limitation implemented by Apple and the content creators and is not something that Plex has control over.
Some feedback said that you can download an older version of itunes that has an exploit allowing you to strip the drm. Only then can you use the files with plex. But I don’t agree with the idea. I suggest you to use some DRM removal tool to remove DRM protection on iTunes content then to play on Plex. There are many software you can choose such as Pavtube ChewTune.
With Pavtube ChewTunereview, you can easily play the iTunes DRMed M4V videos on Plex Media player software or stream iTunes DRMed M4V videos to other devices or big screen TV, like Samsung Smart TV, LG TV, Panasonic TV, etc. This DRM Removal was specially designed to help iTunes users to strip iTunes DRM protection from iTunes purchased and rented movies, and convert iTunes DRM M4V videos to MP4 format losslessly. What makes Pavtube DRM Removal application stand out from other similar apps?
Free download and install:
How to Remove iTunes DRM for Plex Playing?
Tips and preparations:
1. Make sure that your computer is authorized by source iTunes videos, that is to say you can play the source iTunes movies in iTunes without trouble.
2. Allow the audio driver installed during the Pavtube ChewTune installation.
3. Close iTunes before running the Pavtube DRM Removal Converter when converting iTunes M4V movies.
Step 1: Download a trial version of Pavtube DRM Removal Tool, and install it.
Step 2: Start the iTunes to Plex Converter, hit the "Add video" or "Add from folder" button and browser the source iTunes videos location for loading
Step 3. From the "Format" drop-down list, choose suitable profile for Plex Media Server. Here I suggest you choose "Common Video > H.264 Video(*.mp4)" as output format.
Optional – If you like, you could adjust profile settings including video codec, bitrate, frame rate, etc to get better video and audio quality for watching iTunes movies on Plex Media Server.
Step 4. Hit the "Convert" button to start recording iTunes movies. After it finishes, click the "Open" icon to locate the recorded iTunes movie, and you are ready to transfer and stream these MP4 videos to Plex Media Server, it's very easy.
BDMagic for Windwos/Mac - The best Blu-ray solution to rip and backup any commercial and region-locked Blu-ray to Plex.
DVDAid for Windows/Mac - Capacity of ripping copy-protected DVD to Plex with suitable format.
ByteCopy for Windows/Mac - It can rip Blu-ray/DVD to lossless MKV keeping multi-track subtile/audio and all chapter markers.
Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate for Windows/Mac - Function of converting Blu-ray/DVD, 4K/SD/HD video in any format to nearly all popular video format you have ever seen.
Money Saving Tips:
ByteCopy($42) + ChewTune($29) = Only $54.9, Save $16.1
Video Converter Ultimate($65) + ChewTune($29) = Only $74.9, Save $19.1
BDMagic($49) + ChewTune($29) = Only $49.9, Save $28.1
DVDAid($35) + ChewTune($29) = Only $49.9, Save $14.1
- How to Copy 3D Blu-ray to Samsung Galaxy S5 for ZEISS VR One?
- Copy DVD to Samsung Galaxy S8 for Watching on the go
- Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Edge Supported Files
- Rip Blu-ray to Galaxy On8/On7/On7 Pro/On5/On5 Pro
- Play Supported/Unsupported movies on Galaxy Tab S?
- Copy DVD to Plex For Samsung Samsung TV Streaming
- Supported Files of Samsung Galaxy A3/5/6/7/8/9
- View DVD on Galaxy J7 through Gear VR
- How to Play Video on Galaxy On8/On7/On7 Pro/On5/On5 Pro?
- Copy Blu-ray to Samsung Portable SSD T3
- Copy Blu-ray to Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 9.7/8.0
- Rip Blu-ray to Portable hard drive for Samsung audio video unit
- Put DVD Movies to Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 for Playback
- Put DVD Collection To Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ For Playing
- Top Blu-ray to Samsung Galaxy Converter – Rip Blu-ray to Galaxy S7/S6/Note 5/Note 4
- Make 3D Movies For Your Samsung Gear VR With Old Movie Library And Blu-Ray/DVD Disc