Summary: QNAP TS-x80 supports Kodi. If you rip and put DVD on QNAP TS-x80, you can play DVD movies with Kodi via QNAP TS-x80.
QNAP, Inc. has announced that its NAS officially supports Kodi (formerly XBMC)
Entertainment Center. Among large QNAP NAS family members, QNAP TS-x80 is one of those which can install Kodi in HD Station to enjoy an improved entertainment experience. The main benefit is to
store, back up, and playback all your media collections by QNAP TS-x80 with Kodi. If you are worrying that your old DVD discs are getting scratched and want to create a backup of them, just rip
and copy your DVD library to QNAP TS-x80 so that you can play these DVD movies with Kodi on TV without using physical DVD discs any more.
Learn >> Kodi Supported QNAP NAS
At first, you have to know that if you want to play DVD with Kodi via QNAP TS-x80, a DVD Ripper<DVD Ripper vs. DVD Copier> will be necessary in migrating DVD to QNAP TS-x80 for playback on TV via Kodi. Commercial DVDs has complex encryption, like CSS, region code, RCE, Sony ArccOS, UOPs, Disney x-project DRM, etc. To remove the protection and change the “disc format” to a digital format, we will praise Pavtube ByteCopy for Windows/Mac for its ability to quickly and easily rip DVDs to QNAP TS-x80 with original video quality with several clicks:
- Rip any commercial DVD to QNAP TS-x80, QNAP TS-X51, QNAP TS-451, QNAP TS-x53 and other Kodi supported QNAP NAS legally
- Convert DVD to MP4, H.265, M3U8, MKV, MOV, M4V, WMV, etc for QNAP TS-x80 NAS
- Copy the entire DVD disc to QNAP TS-x80 NAS in original file structure with all subtitle tracks and audio streams preserved.
- Backup DVD to iPhone 7, iPad Air 3, Surface Pro 5/4, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, etc optimized format to QNAP TS-x80.
- Allows users to shrink DVD movies size to store more movies to the QNAP TS-x80 NAS
- Compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP, etc
- The Mac version which supports OS X El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, etc.
Free download and install:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/bytecopy/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-ByteCopy/3000-7970_4-76158512.html
Copy DVD to QNAP TS-x80 for Kodi Playback
Step 1: Insert your DVD disc into your DVD drive, run the best DVD to QNAP NAS Converter and click “Load from disc” icon to load movie from DVD source (Disc, folder, ISO).
Step 2: Click the “Format” option, and choose HD Video > H.264 HD Video(*.mp4) as output format. You can also choose MKV HD Video(*.mkv) for your QNAP TS-x80.
Tip: If you like, you can click “Settings” to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish. Keep in mind the file size and video quality is based more on bitrate than resolution which means bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss, and vice versa.
Step 3: Click the convert button under the preview window, and the DVD ripper will start the conversion from DVD movies to MP4 for QNAP TS-x80 NAS.
Transfer DVD rips to QNAP TS-x80 NAS. Then you can watch these DVD movies via QNAP TS-x80 NAS on your TV through Kodi.