Having some movies purchased from iTunes
store and want to play them on Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2? Here you will find an easy way to sync and play iTunes videos on Surface (Pro) 2 tablet.
Q: How do I get the iTunes app downloaded onto my Surface 2?
"I've been having some troubles with my iPhone and want to make sure I have everything backed up in the event of a crash, but I can't seem to get iTunes onto my Surface 2 (which is my only PC. I dont have an actual laptop). I also want to be able to manage my my media through the app."
A2: That means RT is not capable of running applications like Adobe Photoshop, any web browser other than Internet Explorer, music software like iTunes, as well as syncing cloud-storage services such as Dropbox.
As is mentioned above, movies/videos downloaded from iTunes Store are mostly DRM (Digital Rights Management)
protected, so that we cannot playback them anywhere else except authorized computer or idevices. Moreover, iTunes movie are in *.m4v which is not a Surface 2 & Surface Pro 2 friendly
So how can we playback iTunes DRM movie on Surfaced 2 & Surface Pro 2?
I would like to recommend this iTunes to Surface 2 Converter (Mac users: Mac iTunes to Surface 2 Converter), a professional DRM removal tool to help you roll off DRM protection from iTunes Store movie, and convert them to H.264 MP4 as best format for Surface 2/Pro 2, so that you can watch iTunes purchased videos on Surface 2 & Surface Pro 2. (Read Pavtube ChewTune review)
ByteCopy($42) + ChewTune($29) = Only $54.9, Save $16.1
Video Converter Ultimate($65) + ChewTune($29) = Only $74.9, Save $19.1
BDMagic($49) + ChewTune($29) = Only $49.9, Save $28.1
DVDAid($35) + ChewTune($29) = Only $49.9, Save $14.1
Here are few tips before starting the iTunes video to Surface Conversion:
1. Make sure that your computer is authorized for source videos, that is to say you can play the source iTunes movies in iTunes.
2. Allow the audio driver installed during the Pavtube ChewTune installation.
3. Close iTunes before running the Pavtube DRM Removal Converter when converting iTunes M4V movies.
4. It would take as long as the source movie length for the whole DRM video to Surface 2/Surface Pro 2 conversion process since Pavtube ChewTune records source DRM videos in 1:1 video and audio quality.
The Steps (based on Windows Screenshots):
Get iTunes movies and Google Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 to play nicely
Step 1: Add iTunes movies to the software. After installing, Launch ChewTune and import your iTunes files (including the copy-protected music, movies, TV shows) to the program. Batch conversion is supported so that you can add multiple files to convert at a time.
Step 2: Select output format. Click "Format" bar and move mouse to "Windows" column, you can easily find the profile of "Microsoft Surface Windows RT H.264 Video (*.mp4)". The output videos could fit on Surface (Pro) 2 tablet perfectly. If you like, you can click "Settings" to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish.
Step 3: Start the conversion. After above steps, just hit the "Convert" icon to start converting iTunes M4V videos to MP4 videos for Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2. Once the process completes, just copy and transfer the DRM-free MP4 videos to your Surface Tablet and enjoy the movies/TV shows with ease.
1. The DRM removing process may mislead your anti-virus software to falsely report virus/worm. Please ignore the report to keep on ripping.
2. This product cannot convert unplayable video (damaged, unauthorized, etc).