Can't import WAV to iTunes? This article offers you two ways to convert WAV audio files to iTunes compatible format with easy steps.
WAV is an audio file format that was developed by Microsoft. It is so wide spread today that it is called a standard PC audio file format. Though iTunes announced to support WAV audio file, we still cannot import WAV to iTunes library sometimes let alone to play WAV in iTunes and sync to iPhone, iPod or iPad, etc.
Still don't know how to import or add WAV to iTunes so as to open and play WAV in iTunes, iPhone, iPod or iPad? This guide would offer 2 ways to help you convert WAV audios to iTunes.
Solution 1 – Use iTunes
In iTunes music library, iTunes could create a copy of a song in a new format, with the original file existing in original format. Also, it could import external songs and convert them to a new format at the same time, which creates a converted copy of file in iTunes music library.
* Convert formats for songs inside iTunes:
1. Open iTunes Preferences.
Windows: Choose Edit > Preferences.
Mac: Choose iTunes > Preferences.
2. Click "General > Importing Settings…" button to invoke the "Importing Settings" window, on which click the "Import Using" drop-down button to choose the encoding format you want to convert the song to (e.g. select WAV Encoder if you want to convert iTunes songs to WAV format). Then click OK button.
3. Select one or more songs in iTunes music library, then from the File > Create New Version menu, choose the versions you want to get (the menu item changes to show what’s selected in your Importing preferences).
* Convert external songs to iTunes via importing:
To convert all the songs in a folder or on a disk to iTunes, hold down the Option key (Mac) or Shift key (Windows) and choose "File > Create New Version > Convert [import preference setting]". The Import preference setting will match what you chose in step 2 mentioned above. iTunes will prompt you for the location of the folder or disk you want to import and convert. All the songs in the folder or on the disk will be converted.
Solution 2 – Use Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate
Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate is just the professional WAV to iTunes Converter, as an alternative to MPEG Streamclip. With it, you can easily convert WAV to iTunes friendly format in right specs with high output quality and fast conversion speed.
- As a audio converter: convert among all kinds of audio formats such as MP3, FLAC, AIFF, WMA, AC3, AU, MP2, OGG, M4A, etc;
- As a video extractor: extract audios from various of video such as MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, VOB, MOV, MPEG, etc;
- As a audio editor: cut, adjust volume/bitrate/sample rate of audio, merge files into one, split files, etc;
- As a audio player: support previewing nearly all audio formats;
Read on and follow the step-by-step guidance below to convert WAV files to play on iTunes(12) now.
Step 1. Just install the program, then head to the folder where the WAV files are stored. Add the files to WAV converter. Batch conversion is supported, you can import more than one file at one time to ease your conversion and save time.
Step 2. Click Format bar to open the output format window. In the "Common Audio" category, you'll find iTunes supported MP3 audio format, just choose it as the output format.
Note: Before start the conversion from WAV to iTunes supported formats, you can edit WAV first.
- Click "Trim" button to set the "Start Time" and "End Time" in order to keep the segments you want and remove the ones unwanted;
- Click "Setting..." button and a window will pop up. Then press "Advanced" button to adjust the volume/bitrate/sample rate and change the channel/audio codec, etc;
- Click "Split selected task" option to cut files apart or "Merge into one file" to join several files.
Step 3. Once you have all the right settings, you would click the Convert button to complete the WAV to iTunes MP3 conversion process. After conversion, click Open to find the output audio files. Now it would be easy to transfer the converted MP3 files into your iTunes library and even sync to Apple devices..
Additional Tips: For new iTunes 12, there's little difference with the previous version. You can learn how to add audio files to iTunes 12 in detail.
1. Start iTunes 12.
2. Click File > Add File to Library.
3. Click View and select Music, then your music library will be presented.
4. Click Songs and now you can find your transferred MP3 audio. In this interface, you can also directly drag and drop local audio files.
- How To Watch 3D Blu-Ray With Google Daydream VR?
- Rip 3D Blu-Ray Disc To 3D SBS MP4 For VR Headsets/3D TVs
- Make 3D SBS MP4 Video For Homido VR
- Converting 3D TiVo recordings for Watching on Oculus Rift?CV1/DK2
- Convert 3D MKV/FLV/MTS/ISO to 3D MP4 for Google Daydream VR
- Convert 2D Blu-ray to MP4 SBS 3D Video for Samsung 3D TV?
- How to Watch 3D ISO to Samsung TV?
- Can you Watch 3D Blu-ray on HTC Vive?