Do you want to copy Blu-ray to digital format in an easy way? This article will tell you how to backup and save Blu-ray movies on Win/Mac losslessly.
You may have a sizeable collection of Blu-ray movies, gathering dust in their cases and gobbling up valuable shelf space. Why not rip these Blu-ray movies to digital formats to store on your
computer, where you can access them any time via a mobile device? (Also read how to copy
your DVD discs)
Possible reason for copy Blu-ray to digital formats
- Keep your Blu-rays safe! Movies stored safely in your computer can't get lost, scratched or broken.
- Find movies faster! Use your computer's built in search tool to find a movie in your collection... instantly.
- Easily organize your movies! Moving files around on your computer is a lot easier than alphabetizing shelves full of Blu-rays.
- Simplify entertainment on the go! Why carry around bulky Blu-ray cases or disc wallets when you don't have to?
- Editing your videos! The videos ripped from Blu-rays can be used for video editing in Windows Movie Maker, Adobe and Avid Media Composer.
To realize your Blu-ray backing up dream, here’s how.
First of all, to backup a copyright protected Blu-ray quickly and efficiently, what you need is a more professional Blu-ray ripping tool. Here Pavtube ByteCopy is the one ideal Blu-ray/DVD ripping software
for you. (I looked at the latest versions of DVDFab, FairUse Wizard, AutoGK
and HandBrake, none of them can win Pavtube.)
This Blu-ray/DVD backup software prefers to bypass the protection immediately after it appears, stripping the protection before playback software recognizes the disc, and it can always catch up with the latest Blu-ray and DVD copy protection variant. With the tool, you can easily copy BD/DVD whole content or just backup main movie from Blu-ray with its provided copying features.Plus, it's your best tool to convert Blu-ray and DVD movies to MKV/MP4/AVI/MOV container format with multiple audio tracks and subtitles included. What's more, it also enables users to fast rip video from Blu-ray/DVD to MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, VOB, etc. for playing anywhere you like. Mac version is here.
Solution 1: Lossless Backup Entire Blu-ray discs
Step 1. Launch the Blu-ray copying software. Click the Blu-ray disc button to load your Blu-ray movies. The Blu-ray titles and chapters will be listed on the program within a few seconds. (Have)
Step 2. Click “Browse” button to select a destination folder for the output files.
Step 3. Click “Copy the entire disc” button in the main interface to starts copying the Blu-ray disc maintaining the original structure menu.
As soon as the copying task finished, you can click “Open” button to locate the Blu-ray directory. The decrypted Blu-ray folder contains all information and contents in the original disc. Among them, the BDMV folder is the most important one with audio and video files in it. Open BDMV -> STREAM folder and you will find all the .m2ts movie clips. You can play these M2TS videos on Mac or have a further conversion and transfer to other devices for playback.
Solution 2: Copy Blu-ray Main Movie
Step 1. Launch the Blu-ray backup software. Click the Blu-ray disc button to load your Blu-ray content.
Step 2. Click “Format” bar, choose “Copy” > “Directly Copy” from the Format menu and then specify a folder to save the m2ts files from Blu-ray disc.
Step 3. Hit “Convert” button to start backing up M2TS from Blu-ray Disc to hard drive. When the copying work is done, you are able to click "Open" button to get the output .m2ts files without any other extra structures or contents.
Solution 3: Rip and Save Blu-ray as Video Files
To copy a Blu-rayas video/audio files like MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, M4V, FLV, MKV, etc. to your computer's hard drive, ByteCopy can also help you achieve it. Learn the detailed guides.
1. Insert the Blu-ray disc to the Blu-ray Disc drive and click the "Load Disc" button to have movies uploaded to the program.
2. In the "Format" menu, choose either a video or an audio format as the output format. This BD/DVD Ripper also has 150+ presets for almost all popular multimedia devices. You are allowed to
choose one device as the output format as well.
3. Click the "Convert" button to rip Blu-ray to any video or audio format. After the conversion, click Open button to locate the converted files for playback anywhere.
Solution 4: Store Blu-ray discs in lossless mkv format
1. Launch the best Blu-ray to multi-track Converter; import Blu-ray movies into the program. Loaded Blu-ray can be previewed in the right preview window.
2. Click the drop down box of "Format", and choose "Multi-track MKV (*.mp4)" or "Lossless/encoded Multi-track MKV(*.mkv)" for copying Blu-ray with multiple audio tracks.
Tip: You can check the audios you want to keep and uncheck the audios you don't need. It all depends on your own choices.
3: The last step you need to do is hit the "Convert" button to start the conversion of Blu-ray content to Multi-track mkv.
When the conversion is over, just find the folder of your output videos. Then you can organize your Blu-ray on media players with mutiple audio tracks and subtitles and you can choose your desired language when playback. You're done!