This article shows you best way to convert protected and non-protected DVDs to WMP supported MP4/WMV video so that you can import any DVD to Windows Media Player for playback.
Watching your favorite DVD movies on your computer will be a good experience. Unfortunately, Windows Media Player doesn't support the DVD format. The truth is that Windows Media Player only
supports the default video format including WMV, MP4, AVI, WMA, etc. This means for you to play DVD movies on Windows Media player you will have to convert DVD to Windows Media Player supported
In this article, the best way to rip protected and non-protected DVDs for Windows Media Player is introduced. Just keep reading.
Part 1: Rip protected DVD movie to MP4/WMV for Windows Media Player with high video quality
Well, it's easier to solve problems associated with a suitable DVD ripping program that has the capacity to convert DVD to video supported by Windows Media Player. Pavtube DVDAid is a program that can give you optimum results. It supports virtually all the Windows Media Player supported file format. In addition, it has the capability to convert both protected and unprotected DVD and movies to your file format of choice. It is also fast in ripping but you are always assured of a high quality output video that you can also edit, watch share with friends without mentioning playing in different devices. The Mac version is DVD to WMP Ripper for Mac. (Here is DVD converters Review) Now download it and follow the step-by-step guide to accomplish converting DVD movies to Windows Media Player.
Step 1: Run the best DVD to WMP Ripper from Pavtube, and load DVD files to it. You can click "DVD ROM" to load movie from DVD drive or "ISO/IFO" DVD ISO file.
Step 2: Select output format for Windows Media Player. Click on the drop-down list at the opposite side of "Format", and then choose "HD Video > WMV HD(*.wmv)" format. The format is
designed for users that wanna get DVD rips to Windows Media Player. Or you can select H.264 HD Video(*.mp4) for watching.
Tip: This DVD Converter for Windows Media Player lets users control/customize output file quality. To improve video quality, simply click "Settings" and set video bitrate
Step 3: Start ripping DVD to WMV video for Windows Media Player.
Click "Convert" button to rip DVD to Windows Media Player, once the ripping task is finished by Pavtube DVD to WMP Converter, you can click "Open" button at the bottom of the main interface to get the output WMV file for adding to Windows Media Player for playing and sharing with your family.
Part 2: Rip non-protected DVDs to MP4 for Windows Media Player
To convert non-protected DVDs for Windows Media Player, these are many tools can realize like Handbrake, VLC or the above Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate. Here take VLC as exmpale and let me shows how to rip non-protected DVDs to MP4 for Windows Media Player playback.
Make sure you have VLC installed on your computer. If not, download it from its official website download VLC at http://www.videolan.org/vlc/. Note that VLC can't handle copyright protected commercial DVD movies and the output video quality is not good. If you have some protected DVD movies and want to add them to Windows Media Player or want to get better quality videos, please refer to Part 1.
1. Insert the DVD disc to your computer hard drive and launch VLC media player. Click Media > Open Disc and the below window will pop up, where you can select the Disc device you want to rip.
2. Check DVD to make sure the disc device field specifies to the optical drive with the DVD, select the output format as MP4 and click Convert/Save to start ripping. When the conversion completes, open your Windows Media Player and import the ripped DVD movies to your Windows Media Player for enjoying.
- Convert MKV PGS Files to MKV SRT subtitles
- Copy DVD With Forced/Internal/External Subtitles
- Add And Burn Subtitles To 1080P X264 MKV Video Permanently
- Watch DVD Movies With Forced Subtitle
- How To Extract SRT Subtitles From Blu-Ray Disc, BDMV And ISO File?
- How to Play Videos With Subtitle From USB With PS4 Media Player?
- Rip Blu-ray to HD MPEG-TS with Subtitle for Apple TV
- The Best Way to Play MKV on Roku 4 with Subtitle