This article will show you how to convert European DVD video to USA compatible video with little hassle.
Question: A cousin of mine sent me a dvd of family photos and old time super 8 film transferred to dvd. I cannot play it. It seems to not be compatible to play on my PC or blueray dvd player. I there someway that can I play this dvd? Desperate and frustrated.
Three main video formats are used throughout the world (the main difference between the three is the video frame rate) and NTSC and PAL are two of them. PAL and NTSC are two different television
broadcasting systems, with PAL used in Europe and NTSC in America. As you see, when putting a DVD(Europe) into your DVD player in USA to watch it, your drive spins and spins and eventually comes
to a stop with an error displayed.
To fix these problems, you have to convert PAL(European) to NSTC(USA) standard to watch videos without limitation. There are many ways you can use to accomplish this task and here we will
introduce the simplest way - use Pavtube DVDAid to convert European DVD to USA playable videos. (Here is the review)
This DVD ripping program can easily identify your DVD drive (in doing so it will also identify the contents of your PAL DVD automatically). With it, you can remove the DVD region protection and rip European PAL DVDs to all the regular video formats such as AVI, MPEG, MP4, MOV, WMV, MKV, FLV and more. Plus, you can tweak the setting of the video to get the balance between your video quality and file size. Now download the DVD ripper on your Windows-based computer and follow the steps below to convert European DVD videos to USA format immediately.
How to convert and play PAL European DVD content in USA
1. Import European DVD
Install and run the DVD ripper (Mac version is DVDAid for Mac). Insert the DVD disc into your computer drive and then load DVD files that you want to convert to the program.
2. Specify an output format
Click the Format bar to choose an output format. Usually, popular format like WMV, AVI, MP4 can be play smoothly in USA. So, choose these format from Common Video profile list.
Tip: Each format parameters can be customized. You can adjust them as per needs or just keep the original settings.
3. Start European DVD to UAS video conversion
When all settings are done, click the Convert button to start the ripping process. You will get the output files in a few minutes and now you will be able to play European DVD without any hassles in USA area.
Tip: Another workaround to play European DVD on computer is to convert a computer to play the DVD.
1. Click the "Start" button on the desktop, then right-click "(My) Computer" and select "Properties" from the pull-down menu.
2. Choose "Hardware," then "Device Manager." This loads a window with all the hardware installed on the computer system.
3. Choose the "DVD" option, then right-click the DVD and select "Properties."
4. Click the "DVD Region" setting. This brings up the DVD region change option window.
5. Determine the region of your PAL DVD. A PAL DVD from Europe and South Africa is Region 2, while India is Region 5, China is Region 6, South East Asia (Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore) is Region 3 and Australia is Region 4.
6. Select the PAL region on the computer settings and click "Apply" to accept the changes.
Note: You can change the region only five times. Besides, for those who wanna play and share European DVD anywhere freely, we still recommend the first solution.