Wanna add a srt or ass subtitle to your own mkv to create your own movie? Or add a subtitle to a foreign movie for understanding the movie better? Here is an easy solution to add SRT/ASS subtitles to MKV for playing on HD Media Players.
Supposing you have a truckload of downloaded MKV movies in foreign language, but the devoid of subtitles in these movies drives you on the verge of collapse. Have you ever created your own movie with your recordings but found your clips are difficult to understand? One feasible solution is to add SRT/ASS subtitle to MKV video file. If so, you come to the right place! This article will show you a step by step guide on how to insert SRT/ASS subtitles to MKV for playing on HD Media Players.
Learn how to get SRT Subtitle File from Blu-ray/DVD movies.
What you need:
Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate which is a powerful all-in-all video tool, which can both convert Blu-ray, DVD, and videos in all popular formats and customize subtitles for movies. This video app allows users to add and load external subtitles(*.srt and *.ass, *.ssa) as a part of the movie. What’s more, this package tool is mainly for users to rip/convert Blu-ray/DVD and any HD videos for different uses such as playing on iOS/Android/Windows Tablets & Phones, HD Media Players and more. And it also supports 1:1 copying the latest releases of Blu-ray/DVD movies without quality loss in fast speed. If you are running on Mac, turn to Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac. Below is the guide about how to attach subtitles to MKV videos.
How to add/embed preferred SRT/ASS subtitles to MKV for playing on HD Media Players
Step 1. Load mkv video/movie files
Run the program and load your source mkv video files into it.
* Note that you can only add subtitles to videos in MKV, MP4, AVI or other video format which has the ability of adding subtitles. If your original movies are Blu-ray, DVD or other media files,
you need to convert these files to a proper format e.g. .mp4. Then start the conversion to get the output files and reload the movies to the converter.
Step 2. Add subtitles to MKV movie
Click on “Edit” button, the video editor will pop up. Tap “Subtitle” option and check the “Enable” icon. Then, by clicking on “Browse” to import your *.srt, *.ass, *.ssa subtitle file you’ve downloaded.
Step 3. Decide output format
After you have loaded the external subtitles, you need to figure out the output format. You can remain the original format or convert source video to other formats friendly with your devices by clicking Format bar, where you can select an output format.
Step 4. Start adding subtitles
Click the Convert and now you have finished all steps of attaching SRT/ASS subtitle to MKV movie videos.
The converting would add external SRT/ASS subtitles to the output videos at your will. Then you can move the subtitles-included videos to your own HD Media Players for enjoying as you like.
- How to convert 1080p to 720p?
- Rip Blu-ray Discs for Samsung 4K TV Streaming via USB?
- Rip Blu-ray to Watch via Nvidia Shield TV on a 4k screen
- 4K TV Video Converter- Make U Watch Any Video on 4K TV
- Rip Blu-ray to Western Digital 2.5” external hard disc?for 4K Smart TV
- How to Play 2K or 4K MP4 files on Vizio TV?
- View 4K videos on Samsung TV via Roku 4
- Best 5 4K Video Converter for Mac [macOS Sierra included]
- Convert DJI Phantom 4 4K Recording To Edit On FCP/IMovie/WMK And Upload To YouTube/Vimeo/FaceBook
- Convert 4K Blu-Ray For 4K TV Playback Via Roku 4 On Mac
- 4K Players + Play 4K Ultra HD Video On PC With Two Methods
-  Top 5 4K Video Converter for Windows