Usually, for Plex Media server, it is impossible if you wanna play MTV files on Plex. Let’s read this article to learn some solutions.
Some special characteristics of Plex Media server.
Under normal circumstances, you will meet troubles if you have the idea of playing WTV files via Plex, right? Though you are all fond of the brilliant work by Plex, especially for WTV files, they two guys can’t work well with each other.
The files work fine in media center (as you'd expect) and they show up in Plex complete with artwork. However, when you come to play them on the Roku box you get the loading bar sit there for some minutes before it announces the server is not working or the file is unavailable.
After doing multiple searches of the Wiki and Forums here, and finally find a definitive answer on how to scan and play WTV files with Plex. The workable solution is to encode WTV to Plex Media Server with a video app called Pavtube WTV to Plex Converter for Windows/Mac, which has the easy operation and multiple choices.
Launch the ideal WTV Converter. Click “Add” button on the main interface to load your WTV files to the program. (Drag&Drop function is included.) Click “Format” and choose MP4 from “Common Video” as output format, which we tested as the most compatible video format for Plex.
Want more Video/Audio settings? Do not worry about it! Tap the ‘Settings’ button on the main interface, Such as video size, bitrates, frame rate for videos, also audio channels, etc. With the right settings you can retain the quality of the original videos while also saving space. This is particularly helpful when streaming over your network, depending on your network quality.
Attention! No matter for Windows 10 or Mac OS X 10.10, it can work well with them because we
have tested it for better. What’s more, if you want to buy this program as a try, expires on November 10, just go to the ‘Halloween Topic
page’ to get a big promotion! Let’s go!
- How to Copy 3D Blu-ray to Samsung Galaxy S5 for ZEISS VR One?
- Copy DVD to Samsung Galaxy S8 for Watching on the go
- Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Edge Supported Files
- Rip Blu-ray to Galaxy On8/On7/On7 Pro/On5/On5 Pro
- Play Supported/Unsupported movies on Galaxy Tab S?
- Copy DVD to Plex For Samsung Samsung TV Streaming
- Supported Files of Samsung Galaxy A3/5/6/7/8/9
- View DVD on Galaxy J7 through Gear VR
- How to Play Video on Galaxy On8/On7/On7 Pro/On5/On5 Pro?
- Copy Blu-ray to Samsung Portable SSD T3
- Copy Blu-ray to Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 9.7/8.0
- Rip Blu-ray to Portable hard drive for Samsung audio video unit
- Put DVD Movies to Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 for Playback
- Put DVD Collection To Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ For Playing
- Top Blu-ray to Samsung Galaxy Converter – Rip Blu-ray to Galaxy S7/S6/Note 5/Note 4
- Make 3D Movies For Your Samsung Gear VR With Old Movie Library And Blu-Ray/DVD Disc