[HOW TO] Extract PGS subtitles from MKV/Convert PGS subtitles to SRT from MKV

Summary: This article will tells you to extract PGS subtitles from MKV and convert PGS subtitles to SRT from MKV video.

MakeMKV users could face such kind of issue: a Blu-ray Disc is successfully ripped into MKV with original video quality, and it plays well with WD TV Live Hub (or whatever HD media player), just not any subtitles are displayed on HDTV. Well there are rare HD media box that plays the original Blu-ray subtitles (PGS encoded .sup file) in MKV container- not an HD media player is meant to play ripped Blu-ray movie.

To have the subtitles displayed correctly, you’ll have to convert the PGS subtitles to SRT or other external subtitles format or rip the Blu-ray again with displayable subtitles. Here’s a decent free tool for extracting/converting PGS subtitles from MKV: SubtitleEdit

How to convert PGS to SRT from MKV video:

1. Open up Subtitle Edit, follow “File>>Import subtitle from Matroska file…” and browse to the MKV source video.

2. Select desired pgs subtitles from MKV.

3. Choose an OCR method to recognize and convert the PGS image subtitles. Click “OK” after OCR proof completed.

4. Select “SubRip(*.srt)” as output format and click “Unbreak”.

Now you have successfully converted PGS to SRT. Name it as the MKV file and put the SRT subtitles into the folder that contained MKV video. The next time you play the MKV there will be subtitles on HDTV.

Optional way converting SRT subtitles for MKV- use Bytecopy to rip .srt subtitles directly from Blu-ray Disc, in that way you get multiple subtitles at one rip.

See also:

Movies and TV Series coming out on Blu-ray at March 2014
New Movies coming out March 2014 List with Release Dates
How to Backup new released DVD discs on Windows 8.1/8

Write a comment

Comments: 134
  • #1

Paul (Tuesday, 12 August 2014 17:04)

Thank you very much. This is just what I needed!!
    Simple, but if I hadn't found your page then I would not have realised that SubtitleEdit has come a LONG, long way since when I used it in the early days.

• #2

T.Hayat (Sunday, 14 September 2014 12:05)

What do you mean by OCR? Thanks.

• #3

Ketim (Friday, 24 October 2014 06:25)

Thanks.

• #4

Susan (Sunday, 21 December 2014 00:07)

Thanks for this. But SubtitleEdit keeps giving me errors and won't fully decode the pgs subs. :(

• #5

Blake (Thursday, 05 February 2015 14:30)

Eh. It's not actually just ripping and re-encoding, but thanks anyway. I'll have to manually fix a lot of errors it made, though...

• #6

Bastos (Wednesday, 19 August 2015 16:05)

DUDE you save my life ! THANKS seriously !

• #7

Nactive (Friday, 18 September 2015 09:39)

This was the article I was looking for, a nice little tool to do just what I want!
    Ofc the most credit should go to the creator(s) of SubEdit.

Btw, your images are broken!

• #8

How To Completely Change Mens Bedroom Design (Saturday, 05 December 2015 02:44)

This article is great, helps
    but your image is damaged, please be fixed so easily understood
    Thanks

• #9

Ideas To Tiles For Bathrooms (Saturday, 05 December 2015 02:47)

I've tried it and it worked

• #10

Trevel (Thursday, 07 January 2016 00:07)

Thank you very much. This is just what I needed,You really help me mann!!!

• #11

Elf Malang (Thursday, 07 January 2016 00:12)

DUDE you are the best! thank you !
    i'll read next your article.

• #12

mobil rental (Thursday, 07 January 2016 00:16)

Thanks for this. But your image is broken and Subtitle Edit keeps giving me errors

• #13

obat pelangsing tubuh (Thursday, 07 January 2016 10:17)

Thank you for the information, I hope you continue to share information and continue to develop the information that you have

• #14

guestye (Tuesday, 12 January 2016 00:45)

You can use Avdshare Video Converter to removing subtitles from MKV with the help of an MKV Subtitle Remover named MKV Subtitle Remover.

• #15

infopemula (Wednesday, 20 January 2016 15:53)

Hi! .. Greetings everyone, my name taufik of the field. During my visit on this website, I found many articles that are useful, that indeed I was looking before. Thanks admin, and everything."

• #16

Cara Mengobati Kista Endometriosis Tanpa Operasi (Sunday, 24 January 2016 21:32)

The article that you wrote a very nice, easy to see and very useful, we are waiting for further information, thank you very much
    <a href="http://goo.gl/NQhEZ5" >Cara Mengobati Kista Endometriosis Tanpa Operasi</a>

• #17

Cara Mengobati Air Mani Kering (Monday, 25 January 2016 01:29)

very good article

• #18

Faktor yang Mempengaruhi Produksi Sperma Rusak (Tuesday, 26 January 2016 01:10)

the article is very good health

• #19

Makanan Untuk Penyembuhan Patah Tulang Pada Anak (Tuesday, 26 January 2016 02:22)

Makanan Untuk Penyembuhan Patah Tulang Pada Anak

• #20

Obat Herbal Kista Ovarium Yang Sudah Parah (Wednesday, 27 January 2016 00:11)

I liked the article you wrote, it is very interesting and easy to observe, we wait for the next article

• #21

Obat Untuk Sperma Kering Pada Pria (Wednesday, 27 January 2016 20:55)

Obat Untuk Sperma Kering Pada Pria

• #22

cara menghentikan pendarahan haid berlebihan (Thursday, 28 January 2016 22:22)

Terima kasih atas informasinya.. menarik sekali informasinya

• #23

pengobatan alternatif kista yang sudah pecah (Friday, 29 January 2016 22:20)

information is very interesting and useful, thanks for the information of its natural healing solutions gan

• #24

Modifikasi Motor Terbaru (Monday, 08 February 2016 05:46)

thanks for a given article , hopefully with this article provides benefits for me .

• #25

Cara Mengeluarkan Sisa Janin Pasca Keguguran (Friday, 19 February 2016 03:15)

information that is very helpful, thanks for sharing information gan

• #26

kuncijawabankurikulum2013.blogspot.com (Friday, 19 February 2016 16:03)

• #27

user (Monday, 22 February 2016 14:28)

GOOGLE je pěkná píča - hledám linux a nikoliv pojebanej windows kde je programů na převod titulků hafo...

• #28

Graduation Invitation Templates (Sunday, 28 February 2016)

This is my very first see below. I was so amusing stuff in your blog site, specifically its discussion. From the lots of knowledge on your write-ups, I guess I'm not the just one to have all the convenience below! Remains to function well. For a very long time I wanted to create something on my website and also I gave it a thought, please give some comment for my site

• #29

Baby Shower Invitations Wording (Sunday, 28 February 2016 12:45)

This is my initial visit below. I was so entertaining things in your blog site, especially its conversation. From the tons of understanding on your articles, I presume I'm not the just one to have all the leisure here! Remains to work well. For a very long time I intended to write something on my site and I provided it a thought

• #30

Free Birthday Invitations (Sunday, 28 February 2016 12:47)

This is my first visit here. I was so entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of knowledge on your articles, I guess I'm not the only one to have all the leisure here! Continues to work well. For a long time I wanted to write something on my site and I gave it a thought ...

• #31

Living Room Ideas (Thursday, 10 March 2016 02:39)

Hey there, Greetings everyone, my name Adhitya of the field. During my go to on this web site, I found lots of short articles that work, that without a doubt I was looking before. Many thanks admin, and even everything.

• #32

Bridal Shower Invitation Wording (Thursday, 10 March 2016 02:42)

• #33

Birthday Decoration Ideas (Thursday, 10 March 2016 02:46)

Hi, Greetings everyone, my name Adhitya of the field. During my browse through on this internet site, I found lots of short articles that are useful, that undoubtedly I was looking previously. Thanks admin, and every little thing.

• #34

Living Room Ideas (Thursday, 10 March 2016 07:49)

Hello, Greetings everybody, my name Adhitya of the area. During my see on this internet site, I found numerous articles that serve, that undoubtedly I was looking before. Many thanks admin, and also everything.

• #35

Bridal Shower Invitation Wording (Thursday, 10 March 2016 07:57)

Hey there, Greetings everyone, my name Rachman of the field. During my go to on this web site, I found lots of short articles that work, that without a doubt I was looking before. Many thanks admin, and even everything.

• #36

Birthday Decoration Ideas (Thursday, 10 March 2016 08:06)

Hi, Greetings everyone, my name Ramona of the field. During my browse through on this internet site, I found lots of short articles that are useful, that undoubtedly I was looking previously. Thanks admin, and every little thing.

• #37

Obat Alami Patah Tulang Tanpa Efek Samping (Sunday, 13 March 2016 21:53)

I hope this article can help healthcare for those who need information about health

• #38

produk kesehatan nasa (Wednesday, 18 May 2016 03:05)

<a href="https://crystalxobatkeputihanalami.wordpress.com">manfaat crystal x untuk wanita</a>
    <a href="https://crystalxone.wordpress.com">efek samping crystal x</a>
    <a href="http://produknasa.blog.com">pembesar payudara alami</a>
    <a href="http://www.jualcrystal-x.weebly.com">crystal x</a>
    <a href="http://www.jualcrystal-x.weebly.com">cara pakai crystal x</a>
    <a href="http://www.crystalx-one.webs.com">jual crystal x murah</a>
    <a href="http://www.crystalxone.wordpress.com">crystal x asli murah</a>
    <a href="http://crystalxsolusikeputihan.tumblr.com">crystal x obat keputihan alami</a>
    <a href="http://www.produknasajogja.weebly.com">crystal x asli pt nasa</a>
    <a href="http://www.newcrystalxasli.blog.com">distributor crystal x asli</a>
    <a href="http://www.crystalxnasaasli.blog.com">ciri crystal x asli nasa</a>

• #39

Ejakulasi Dini dan Pengobatan Herbal Alami Paling Ampuh (Tuesday, 02 August 2016 09:40)

there is a lot of science that we can take from this article. thank you

• #40

Patah Kaki Pemain Bola Pada Pria (Wednesday, 31 August 2016 03:39)

I understand about an article thanks

• #41

Pengobatan kista bartholin tanpa operasi (Sunday, 09 October 2016 22:42)

Thanks Your informations verry good

• #42

Obat tradisional agar kuat dan tahan lama (Monday, 31 October 2016 21:05)

This is an excellent blog post! Thank you for sharing with us!

• #43

psychic reading (Monday, 14 November 2016 03:55)

inclusions

• #44

seks linie (Monday, 14 November 2016 08:02)

jailing

• #45

sex telefon 24/7 (Monday, 14 November 2016 12:06)

leg

• #46

Liebeszauber Rituale (Tuesday, 15 November 2016 10:01)

nobility

• #47

seks pogaduszki (Wednesday, 16 November 2016 07:06)

humolity

• #48

uroki miłosne (Thursday, 17 November 2016 07:12)

Iwoniczowi

• #49

dziewczyny prywatnie (Thursday, 17 November 2016 11:03)

pożalić

• #50

phone chat line (Monday, 21 November 2016 10:26)

butchery

• #51

rodzina wróżby (Friday, 25 November 2016 02:05)

Patykiewicz

• #52

nagie gwiazdy (Friday, 25 November 2016 15:40)

Sv

• #53

www (Sunday, 27 November 2016 16:36)

niepodmalowywanie

• #54

zobacz (Monday, 28 November 2016 09:16)

niepodrzynanie

• #55

liebeszauber (Monday, 28 November 2016 14:38)

blaue Augen

• #56

seks telefon ostry (Tuesday, 29 November 2016 19:03)

kontroskarżenie

• #57

love spells (Wednesday, 30 November 2016 07:30)

podwykonawstwo

• #58

love rite (Wednesday, 30 November 2016 18:44)

nieznajdowany

• #59

usuwanie luk w aurze (Wednesday, 30 November 2016 22:48)

talerz

• #60

oczyszczenie aury (Sunday, 04 December 2016 13:44)

tameczny

• #61

wróżby (Monday, 05 December 2016 09:37)

Murdokiem

• #62

sekstelefon (Tuesday, 06 December 2016 05:52)

Poroszence

• #63

free tarot reading (Wednesday, 14 December 2016 16:01)

biting

• #64

sextelefon (Monday, 19 December 2016 13:52)

defaces

• #65

sex telefon (Tuesday, 20 December 2016 08:08)

niesamowity seks

• #66

liebeszauber (Friday, 13 January 2017 02:22)

logarytm

• #67

sex tel (Wednesday, 18 January 2017 17:43)

telekaznodzieja

• #68

wróżka (Saturday, 21 January 2017 11:51)

niezabliźniany

• #69

miłosne rytuały (Monday, 27 February 2017 08:49)

jimdo to fajniutkie stronki

• #70

http://magiamilosna.blogujaca.pl/2017/02/27/jaki-jest-najsilniejszy-rodzaj-magii-milosnej/ (Wednesday, 01 March 2017 17:10)

ciasnota jak cholera

• #71

tarot (Wednesday, 08 March 2017 07:04)

midair

• #72

rytuał miłosny (Monday, 10 April 2017 05:41)

rytuał miłosny

• #73

Obat Herbal Pembersih Rahim Pasca Abortus (Tuesday, 18 April 2017 20:04)

thank you very much for the information and the success of our greetings

• #74

Cara Membersihkan Rahim Setelah Berhubungan (Thursday, 20 April 2017 22:37)

This is an excellent blog post! Thank you for sharing with us!

• #75

Cara Membersihkan Rahim Kotor (Saturday, 29 April 2017 03:34)

i understand about an article thanks

• #76

Obat Tradisional Penurun Leukosit (Saturday, 29 April 2017 04:03)

very interesting article , thanks

• #77

Cara Penurun Leukosit Dengan Herbal (Monday, 01 May 2017 21:51)

Thanks for reading. It's always nice to know there are people out there who care!

• #78

Pasca Keguguran Ramuan Pembersih Rahim (Monday, 01 May 2017 23:22)

• #79

Mengobati Pengeroposan Tulang (Osteoporosis) (Wednesday, 03 May 2017 02:57)

Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you.

• #80

Cara Mengatasi Peranakan Turun Pada Wanita (Wednesday, 03 May 2017 21:09)

article very helpful, thanks

• #81

Cara Menyembuhkan Infeksi Ginjal (Thursday, 04 May 2017 00:57)

• #82

bandarq (Thursday, 04 May 2017 02:10)

Thanks for this wonderful post and hoping to post more of this

• #83

Tips Patah Tulang Jari Tangan (Saturday, 06 May 2017 02:04)

Thanks for the information, I'd like to share an article you really helped me in finding solutions to natural healing.

• #84

jiofi password change (Monday, 08 May 2017 01:53)

If more people that write articles really concerned themselves with writing great content like you, more readers would be interested in their writings. Thank you for caring about your content.

• #85

buy track (Tuesday, 09 May 2017 02:53)

i love reading this article so beautiful!!great job!

• #86

Pembersih Rahim Ramuan Tradisional (Tuesday, 09 May 2017 21:04)

• #87

Batuk Anak dan Cara Mengobatinya (Wednesday, 10 May 2017 01:47)

• #88

Penanganan Patah Tulang Tanpa Medis (Saturday, 13 May 2017 02:38)

• #89

jiofi 3 settings (Sunday, 14 May 2017 08:22)

I read that Post and got it fine and informative.

• #90

Cara cepat dan aman menyuburkan sperma pria (Wednesday, 17 May 2017 23:42)

This information is very great, thank you very much

• #91

Cara Menurunkan Kadar Kreatinin Tinggi Secara Alami (Friday, 19 May 2017 02:53)

• #92

Cara penyembuhan ejakulasi dini yang aman (Sunday, 21 May 2017 23:33)

Thank you for this excellent information

• #93

Penyakit Fistula Ani Dan Cara Mengobatinya (Wednesday, 24 May 2017 03:46)

i understand about an article thanks

• #94

Obat Tradisional Untuk Mengobati Peranakan Turun (Wednesday, 24 May 2017 22:07)

thanks for sharing this article

• #95

Obat Alami Patah Tulang Anak Tanpa Harus Operasi (Friday, 26 May 2017 21:15)

very interesting article , thanks

• #96

Obat Herbal Belang Pada Penis (Saturday, 27 May 2017 01:06)

article very helpful, thanks

• #97

Cara Mengobati Patah Tulang Rahang Bawah (Sunday, 28 May 2017 23:24)

articles were awesome and very helpful, thank you very much

• #98

Obat Memperlancar Haid Secara Herbal (Monday, 29 May 2017 01:50)

Thank you for the information, this article is very helpful at all

• #99

sell used HTC cell phones (Monday, 29 May 2017 08:23)

Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i’ve been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share.

• #100

Artikel Cacar Air (Monday, 29 May 2017 22:57)

thank you very much for the information and the success of our greetings

• #101

Penyebab Dan Cara Mengatasi Penyakit Kanker Usus (Friday, 02 June 2017 01:50)

we thank you very much to those of you who are already taking the time for the making of this article, so as to be useful for all of us

• #102

Cara Mengatasi Fistula Ani Dengan Herbal (Friday, 02 June 2017 20:31)

Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you.

• #103

Obat Alami Mengecilkan Miom (Sunday, 04 June 2017 22:56)

the information is very interesting, thank you for sharing the information with us. we wait for the next post

• #104

Obat Tradisional Cacar Air (Monday, 05 June 2017 03:44)

thanks for sharing this article

• #105

Cara Mengobati Penyakit Kanker Usus Besar (Friday, 09 June 2017 01:15)

• #106

Obat Alami Pembersih Rahim Pasca Keguguran (Saturday, 10 June 2017 01:11)

Thank you for the information, this article is very helpful at all

• #107

Obat Patah Tulang Rahang Bawah (Monday, 12 June 2017 01:22)

Thanks for your valuable information. It really gives me an insight on this topic.I'll visit here again for more information.

• #108

Pengobatan Kencing Berdarah (Friday, 16 June 2017 23:07)

• #109

Obat Herbal Kanker Prostat (Sunday, 18 June 2017 23:12)

• #110

Cara Membersihkan Rahim Setelah Keguguran (Tuesday, 20 June 2017 01:59)

Thank you for the information, this article is very helpful at all

• #111

Cara Menyembuhkan Gondok Paling Ampuh (Tuesday, 20 June 2017 21:20)

thank you very much for the information and the success of our greetings

• #112

Pengobatan Patah Tulang Kaki Secara Alternatif (Tuesday, 04 July 2017 01:54)

thanks for sharing this article

• #113

Cara Menyembuhkan Patah Tulang Tangan (Friday, 07 July 2017 02:55)

article very helpful, thanks

• #114

Obat Herbal Patah Tulang Paling Mujarab (Sunday, 09 July 2017 23:02)

articles were awesome and very helpful, thank you very much

• #115

Obat Herbal Untuk Penderita Patah Tulang (Tuesday, 11 July 2017 04:18)

Thank you for the information, this article is very helpful at all

• #116

Cara Mengecilkan Miom Tanpa Operasi (Thursday, 20 July 2017 03:05)

Thank you very much for the information , very fortunate to be able to visit a nice and useful articles like this, the success of our greetings

• #117

Cara Alami Mengobati Patah Tulang Kaki (Monday, 24 July 2017 02:24)

thank you for sharing the information that interests us all, may be beneficial

• #118

Obat Herbal Penebalan Dinding Rahim Paling Ampuh (Friday, 28 July 2017 23:54)

• #119

Obat Turun Peranakan Pada Wanita (Friday, 04 August 2017 01:59)

Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you.

• #120

Obat Tradisional Pembersih Rahim Pasca Keguguran (Sunday, 06 August 2017 22:54)

i understand about an article thanks

• #121

Cara Herbal Mengobati Patah Tulang Kelingking (Monday, 07 August 2017 22:00)

• #122

Obat Herbal Pasca Operasi Patah Tulang (Tuesday, 08 August 2017 02:20)

article very helpful, thanks

• #123

Cara Sembuh dari Lutut Berbunyi (Wednesday, 09 August 2017 23:11)

articles were awesome and very helpful, thank you very much

• #124

Snippets (Wednesday, 23 August 2017 08:41)

Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place..

• #125

Cara Herbal Membersihkan Rahim Setelah Keguguran (Tuesday, 29 August 2017 22:21)

very interesting article , thanks

• #126

Pengobatan Alternatif Pengapuran Sendi (Tuesday, 29 August 2017 23:15)

article very helpful, thanks

• #127

oferty dziewczyn (Monday, 04 September 2017 09:41)

Szulborza

• #128

magia miłosna (Monday, 04 September 2017 14:40)

ciekawa stronaladna ksiega

• #129

sex telefon z amatorkami (Friday, 08 September 2017 09:29)

wielkopol

• #130

http://rytual-finansowy.blog.pl (Monday, 11 September 2017 18:20)

Ciekawe finanse

• #131

oglądaj anons (Wednesday, 13 September 2017 08:52)

Ropico

• #132

numer do wróżki (Thursday, 14 September 2017 09:21)

wychłódłyby

• #133

Pengobatan Patah Tulang Lengan Tanpa Operasi (Sunday, 17 September 2017 22:25)

Thank you for the information, this article is very helpful at all

• #134

Obat Alami Pembersih Kandungan Yang Keguguran (Friday, 22 September 2017 01:48)